Good morning everyone! Yesterday was a busy, busy day for my family, so I did not have a chance to get yesterday’s BabySteps post out. Instead, this morning’s post will cover Saturday and Sunday on my progress through FlyLady’s BabySteps. So here goes:
Saturday: Day 23
Saturday morning opened with my Morning Routine. The routine I have built so far in my BabySteps program is as follows:
- Get up and make my bed
- Get dressed to shoes, including hair and makeup
- Recognize the negative voices and change them
- Reboot laundry
- Think about what’s for dinner (This is a new one, but I apparently missed when I was supposed to add it. However it was on Day 23’s Morning Routine checklist so I guess that’s a new task for me!)
- Put out Hot Spots for 2 minutes
- 5 Minute Room Rescue (We had church at our house this week, so I counted our daily clean up for church as my “Room Rescue” for the day.)
- Spend 15 minutes decluttering (Again, this was part of our cleanup for church)
- Look at my Control Journal
- Read FlyLady emails as a reward for completing Morning Routine
The new task for Day 23 was to start adding in an Afternoon Routine. At this point, the only task included in this routine is to start making dinner.
Following dinner was my evening routine as it’s been made so far. As a reminder, here it is:
After Dinner Routine
- Keep shining my sink
- Lay out my clothes
- Put in a load of laundry (I’m not doing this task quite yet. I don’t want to start something in the evening that won’t get finished before bed.)
- Put out Hot Spot
- Look at Control Journal checklist
- Time for bed
Sunday: Day 24
Sunday morning was busier than I anticipated. We were completing last minute cleanup tasks, making coffee, and getting snacks ready for church.
Morning Routine was the same as previously built — though I will admit I only completed some of the routine tasks, so that I’d have time to get ready for church. (I’m not going to list the Morning Routine again, because it’s the same as above.) However, the new task for Day 24 was to add “swish and swipe” to Morning Routine. “Swish and Swipe” is FlyLady’s way of saying to swish the toilet with a toilet brush and swipe the counter and sink with a rag.
- Start Dinner (Since yesterday was the Super Bowl we had pizza for dinner, delivered from Dominos, so nothing really for me to do for this step.)
And again, my After Dinner Routine for Sunday (Day 24) was the same as Day 23, so not gonna list that one again.
I will be back tomorrow morning with my progress through Day 25. I’m nearing the end of the BabySteps, but I hope to continue one past these 31 days (though I won’t be posting daily about it). Thank you for sticking with me during this journey. I hope it has been helpful to you, even though I have not always stuck with each day’s tasks.