Good afternoon everyone! I’m back with the results of Day 22 on my process through the FlyLady BabySteps — albeit, slightly later than normal.
It’s been a busy Saturday morning for my family. We were awakened by The Boy at 7 am. Then we decided to have a family outing to Walmart for some new pants, followed by a stop at the grocery store to pick up this week’s groceries. By the time we got home, had lunch, and cleaned up, it was already noon and I was/am exhausted. I seriously debated taking a nap, but I knew I needed to get this post out, so here I am!
As I posted previously, I got a little off track with my routines this week, but yesterday I worked on getting back on track. I completed my Morning Routine which was as follows:
- Get up and make my bed
- Get dressed to shoes, including hair and makeup
- Recognize those pesky negative voices and make them positive
- Hot Spot for 2 minutes
- 5 Minute Room Rescue (I actually spent these 5 minutes in a different room yesterday, so no picture available. I returned to the Laundry Room today and will have a picture available in tomorrow’s post.)
- 15 minutes of decluttering
- Look at Control Journal
- Read FlyLady emails
My new “task” for the day was to take a look at the Ask FlyLady section of their website for 5 minutes (timer set and all). Easy task, said and done.
Last night was to be my Before Bed Routine. Due to my extreme lack of sticking to my routines this week, I wasn’t completely able to finish my Before Bed Routine, but I got some of it done. I will note unfinished tasks below.
Before Bed Routine
- Keep sink shining (couldn’t shine the sink because I ran out of room in the dishwasher, but still had dishes left. Working on this today, and by the end of day, I should be completely caught up in this arena.)
- Lay out clothes for next day (done)
- Put out HotSpot (done)
- Look at Control Journal checklist (done)
- Time for bed (As you may remember, I had previously decided on a 9:30 bedtime. Hubby worked late last night, so I didn’t quite make it to bed at my appointed time.)