Good morning! Welcome back to Day 18 of my progress through the BabySteps.
Yesterday was Day 18 for me. Here’s what my day looked like:
- Got up and made my bed
- Got dressed to shoes, hair and makeup
- Recognized negative voices and made them positive
- Put out HotSpot for 2 minutes
- Room Rescue for 5 minutes
- Spent 15 minutes decluttering
- Looked at my Control Journal
- Read my FlyLady emails as a reward for finishing Morning Routine
Then I looked at the new task for the day, which was to read the FlyLady’s “11 Commandments to help you begin to FLY. To those who don’t follow FlyLady, the acronym FLY means Finally Loving Yourself.
Here is a list of the FlyLady’s 11 Commandments:
- Keep your sink clean and shiny
- Get dressed every morning, even if you don’t feel like it. Don’t forget your shoes.
- Do your Morning and Before Bed Routine every day.
- Don’t allow yourself to be sidetracked by the computer.
- Pick up after yourself. If you get it out, put it away.
- Don’t try to do two projects at once. ONE JOB AT A TIME.
- Don’t pull out more than you can put back in one hour.
- Do something for yourself every day, maybe every morning and every night.
- Work as fast as you can to get the job done. This will give you more time to play later.
- Smile even when you don’t feel like it. It is contagious. Make your mind up to be happy, and you will be.
- Don’t forget to laugh every day. Pamper yourself; you deserve it.
Then of course, my Before Bed Routine was as follows:
- Keep my sink shining
- Lay out my clothes
- Put out my HotSpot
- Look at my Control Journal checklist
- Time for bed (9:30 was the goal, but I didn’t end up going to sleep until closer to 10:30 — whoops)
That was my day. Stop back tomorrow for a peek at Day 19.