Good morning everyone! How are you on this Tuesday morning? Well, I hope!
This morning I’m back with another post on how I’m doing with the FlyLady’s BabySteps. I’m working toward a Clutter Free home, but I’m taking those BabySteps to get me started.
Research shows that it takes 21 days to form a habit; but as FlyLady says, “It takes SHEs 28 days.” SHE is FlyLady lingo for Sidetracked Home Executive. That’s how I see myself. I’m a Home Executive who frequently gets sidetracked. To get myself back on the right track and form new, healthier habits, I’m using FlyLady’s 31 days of BabySteps (FlyLady has added an extra 3 days for good measure, haha).
These 31 BabySteps will get me started and on the way to forming habits that will help my home eventually become a Clutter Free Zone — at least, that’s the goal!
So, yesterday was Day 17 of the BabySteps. Here’s what my day looked like:
- Got up and made my bed
- Got dressed to shoes and did my hair (skipped the makeup today – I’ll work on that in the future)
- Recognized the negative voices and made them positive
- Put out my HotSpot for 2 minutes (Yesterday’s HotSpot was the clean laundry piled on our computer chair)
- 5 Minute Room Rescue (Check here for daily progression)
- Spent 15 minutes decluttering
- Looked at my Control Journal
- Read my FlyLady emails as a reward for doing my Morning Routine
After I completed my Morning Routine, I looked at the new task for Day 17. This task was to think about what time I want to go to bed. I was supposed to choose a specific time and stick to it. I chose 9:30 — late enough that Hubby and I get a little alone time, but early enough that I don’t become Mom The Grouch the next day. I set an alarm on my phone for 9:15, giving myself 15 minutes warning to get myself ready for bed.
With my bed time set, I went about the rest of my day as usual. My Before Bed Routine was, of course, the same as it has been so far:
Before Bed Routine
- Shining sink (I always try to do this step right after dinner; the rest usually wait until closer to when I go to bed)
- Clothes laid out
- HotSpot put out
- Control Journal checklist checked
So, that’s all for yesterday. My alarm went off, I got ready for bed, and went to sleep. Day 17 Complete!
Check back tomorrow for a look at Day 18.