Hello everyone! I’m back with a new post about my progress through the FlyLady’s BabySteps. As you may have read in yesterday’s post, Saturday was supposed to be Day 16 for me, but that did not happen. Life happened instead. So, today I’m back to tell you how Day 16 actually went for me.
Here are my routines that I have built so far…
- Get up and make my bed
- Get dressed to shoes, including hair and makeup
- Recognize the negative voices and make them positive
- Put out my HotSpot for 2 minutes
- 5 Minute Room Rescue (see pics below)
- Spend 15 minutes decluttering
- Look at my Control Journal
- Read FlyLady emails (yes, that’s plural — read below for why)
I know I keep harping on this, but I truly cannot believe this has only been 8 days of work; and not even long periods of work. I promise you, I have only done five minutes per day. Just 5 minutes of focused work can truly accomplish A LOT!
The new task for Day 16 was to widen one of the tasks already included. Previously, I had been reading through just FlyLady’s Morning Message email. Day 16’s task had my reading the Testimonial and Ask FlyLady emails in addition to the Morning one. That was pretty simple. When I finished my Morning Routine, I took a break and read through all the emails.
Before Bed of course, I did my After Dinner Routine as well. This was as follows:
After Dinner Routine
- Keep shining my sink (honestly I didn’t fully complete this one. We had company over yesterday, so there were more dishes than usual. I did, however, get those extra dishes into the dishwasher this morning so my sink is now shiny!)
- Lay out my clothes for next day
- Put out a HotSpot for 2 minutes
- Look at my Control Journal checklist
That was all for yesterday. Stop by again tomorrow to see how Day 17 is going.