Good morning, readers! I hope the day has found you well.
Yesterday was Day 11 in my trip through FlyLady’s BabySteps toward a cleaner, more organized home. If you’ve been following my progress, you know that I’ve been building routines for my mornings and evenings. Each day, one new step is added to my routine.
Here’s what my routines looked like prior to starting Day 11.
- Get up and get dressed to shoes, including hair and makeup
- Look at my posted reminders in the kitchen and bathroom
- Read my FlyLady Morning Message
- Recognize the negative voices and change them to positive ones
- Put out a Hot Spot for 2 minutes
- 5 Minute Room Rescue
- Spend 15 minutes decluttering
After Dinner Routine
- Keep shining my sink
- Lay out my clothes for tomorrow
- Put out a Hot Spot for 2 minutes
If you’re interested in my progress for my Room Rescue, look at my Before and After pictures. My After picture is what the room looks like after 3 days of doing a 5 Minute Room Rescue.
I’m really starting to see progress here. After three days (just 15 minutes total) I’m already seeing a significant change in this room. As Hubby remarked after my 3rd session, “It’s starting to look more like we just set stuff down — like we unloaded the vehicle here — instead of a pile of junk.” And I tend to agree. At this pace, I think this room will be embarrassment-free in a week or so.
Ok, on to the new task I was supposed to do for Day 11 of the BabySteps.
The task for Day 11 was to add a new page to my Control Journal — an “Inspirational” page. When I had previously completed my Control Journal, I actually left this section out because I thought it was not a necessary part of the Control Journal. I looked at it more as a suggested page as opposed to a section that really should to be included.
The FlyLady’s instructions for this task were to set a timer for 15 minutes and write down some of my favorite inspirational quotes. After completing the task yesterday (mostly so that I could honestly say to my readers that I had done it), I have now come to the conclusion that I’m going to add this section to my Control Journal, with the title “Inspirational Words”.
I know there will be days at some point in the future when I feel like giving up or I just don’t feel motivated that day. When (not if, but when) that happens, I can flip to this section and read some words to inspire me to continue on.
Here’s what I came up with for my Inspirational Words:
- Ephesians 2:10 “For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.” New Living Translation (Perhaps when I have worked up enough courage, I will write a post about why this verse is so important to me and, thus, why they were the very first words that popped into my head when I sat down to do this task.)
- Be thankful for the hard times; they made you into who you are today.
- Winners are not people who never fail, but people who never quit.
- Faith is trusting God even when you don’t understand his plan.
- God sees in you what you cannot see in yourself.
- God spent a long time crafting you, and God doesn’t make worthless things.
- Grace means that all of your mistakes now serve a purpose instead of serving shame.
And the last Inspirational Words I wrote down are better illustrated with a picture:
I think these words are a wonderful note to end on, so that’s all for now. Thanks for reading!